Canasastre Self-Catering Holiday Home, Port Andratx, Mallorca (Majorca)
- Waterside duplex holiday home with direct access to the sea from a flat rocky ledge.
- Sleeps up to 8 in 4 bedrooms.
- Stunning terrace with superb views over the bay and port.
- Air-conditioning and complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Just a few minutes' walk to shops, cafes and restaurants in Port Andratx.
Enjoy a luxury, self-catering holiday at Villa Canasastre in Port Andratx, Mallorca (Majorca).
Villa Canasastre, built in 1933, was one of the first holiday homes in Port Andratx, Mallorca (Majorca). The original owners chose a priceless location on which to build their home. Standing on the water's edge, it enjoys wonderful westerly views of the bay and port, and one can swim from a large expanse of flat rock directly below the house. We are only a five-minute walk from the bustling port, with its many shops, bars and restaurants, and just 30 minutes by car from Palma. There are also several golf courses in the area.
Port Andratx is an exclusive coastal resort in the south-west corner of Mallorca (Majorca), the largest of the Spanish Balearic Islands, just a 30-minute drive from Palma, the Mallorcan capital city. It has a stunning natural harbour surrounded by rugged mountains. Fishing boats, supplying the daily fish market in the port, sit comfortably alongside luxury yachts in the marina and the beautiful, modern Port Andratx Yacht Club, where non-members are welcome to dine. Waterfront restaurants, cafes and chic shops all lend a cosmopolitan feel to this Mediterranean port.
Our waterside self-catering duplex holiday home was created out of the ground floor of Villa Canasastre, with two of the four bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor. The spacious open-plan living area has a vaulted ceiling and this, aided by the sea breezes, keeps the property cool. The fully furnished and equipped terrace overlooks the sea and is simply stunning. There are four bedrooms: two doubles and two twins. The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room. There is also a main bathroom and a further shower room. The large walled courtyard to the rear is secure and ideal for children; this area makes a sunny spot for breakfast or morning relaxation.
- Large open-plan vaulted living / dining area with two distressed-leather sofas, further seating, and an inside refectory dining table for eight guests. We have provided original artwork and a selection of holiday reading, besides a DVD player and a wide selection of DVDs, a music system with an iPod dock, and complimentary Wi-Fi for use with your own laptop. (Please note that the television is only for playing DVDs.)
- Stunning waterside terrace overlooking the port and bay.
- Open-plan kitchen with wonderful westerly views. The equipment includes a dishwasher, washing machine, fridge-freezer, hob, oven, microwave, and a full range of utensils. There is also a built-in barbecue on the terrace.
- Master bedroom with an en-suite shower room. The second double room can alternatively be made up as a twin room.
- Two twin bedrooms, one of which is on a mezzanine.
- Separate ground-floor shower room and wc.
- Family bathroom on first floor.
- Secure, walled courtyard to rear.
EnquiriesIn light of recent local legislation, please note that Villa Canasastre is only available for medium to long term lets. Please contact us so we can put you on our mailing list.
Guest CommentsThank you, Stephen, so much, we have had a wonderful holiday. The location of the house is fantastic. We loved sitting on the terrace at night, barbecuing and drinking as the sun sank over Dragonara!
Tony and Amelia Robson, Cheltenham
Another great stay in Port Andratx, this time with friends. We have had a splendid time. Suzanne lay on the flat rocks all week, occasionally slipping into the water to cool down. We walked
into the village most nights, but really loved just eating at home. See you next year!
Suzanne and Peregrine Smythson, Bath